Gruber Law Offices, LLC is a premier personal injury law firm located in downtown Milwaukee. This position is responsible for assisting in the representation of the plaintiff in all Gruber Law Offices, LLC (Firm) personal injury matters. Duties include assisting attorneys, proactive and responsive client contact, contact with insurance companies, setting up claims with insurance companies, maintenance of file, generation of documents, requisition of medical records and bills, medical reviews, file organization and writing demands. Responsible for carrying out Firm mission and following the Firm guiding principles.
- Responsible for assisting in the representation of the plaintiff in all Firm personal injury matters.
- Provide confident, proactive and responsive client contact that is both compassionate and reassuring at all stages of client case. Answer client questions relating to all non-legal matters and be responsive to client needs.
- Provide confident, courteous, proactive and responsive non-client contact throughout all stages of the case to include but not limited to insurance companies, law enforcement, medical offices and hospitals.
- Responsible for opening, organizing, maintaining and updating case files. Responsible for maintaining the proper calendaring system.
- Responsible for ensuring case progresses through all statuses efficiently and timely and work case up as needed.
- Consistently and timely communicate significant information regarding client case to attorney. Provide attorney all client communication and schedule appointments. Responsible for preparing demand packet for attorney.
- Responsible for accurately updating client information into Firm case management system for all status changes
- Responsible for ordering, requesting, sending, maintaining, preserving, creating and reviewing case file documents to include but not limited to client authorization, accident reports, photos and supplemental reports, witness statements, recorded statements, property damage assigned, video or other evidence, letters of retainer, medical records and bills, medical sheet, wage loss, subrogation, demand packages, mediation submission, minor settlements, balance sheets, notice of injury, notice of claim, all confirming statements, settlement approvals and closing documents. Process all documents in accordance with Firm policy.
- Responsible for carrying out Firm mission and following Firm guiding principles.
- Must attend all required trainings, meetings and other professional development opportunities as described by the Firm.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have the ability to be caring, compassionate and reassuring to clients and non-clients, prioritize and multitask, have strong analytical skills, strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to disseminate complex matters. Work is high volume and fast paced.
High School diploma or GED with 1 year of high volume paralegal experience OR Paralegal certificate OR Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.